Thursday, March 02, 2006

2006 iFMAR Pre World Buggy Day UNO

I was stunned when I reach the track, there were no pools of water from the thunderstorm last night. Then I was enlightened by the organizers, their workers were pumping and sponging water in middle of the night. Wow, that is what I call resources man.

The drivers were a little lax, so the start was delayed a little from the planned 8am till about 9am. The control practice got underway. By about 10am the sky darkens, although I was told that a weatherman had been engaged, it poured shortly after. So the planned opening ceremony at 10:30am was cancelled. We all kept our fingers crossed and the rain stopped after a couple of minutes. The marshalls then spring into action with their pumps and sponges and a little later the control practice continued. However, all in all we were running 1.5 hours late. It was almost 2:30pm when we finally got Heat 1 Round 1 off the ground. By the time we call it a day at 7:30pm, we completed Round 1, but Round 2 had Heats 1 & 2 left out as it was already too dark to race.

It was fun, I get to watch Yannic and Kanai run their cars. But I was impress by Chen Wu Chung, he was good. As the track was still rather wet, the fastest lap time clock was around 52+ seconds. I am looking forward to tomorrow for an exciting day.

Well that's all for now, I haven't had my dinner yet. So no new picture upload tonight, I need to go and eat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home